Satellite hot picks: week of July 10th
Each week, Satellite Records download store will be presenting the most cutting edge EDM, so that Elektro readers can find out about the latest up and coming producers in Bass Music and EDM – Dubstep, Electrohouse, Moombahton, Progressive House and more! Satellite will provide quick write-ups of each track so you can find out more about the artists, labels and music trends. If you like the tracks you can pick them up using discount code ELEKTRO after you click buy and get 40% off . Be sure to follow Satellite on twitter and on Facebook for more recommendations throughout the week.
Click play on the player and listen to samples of all 10 tracks right here, click on the buy button to check the chart out on Satellite’s site and explore the rest of each release (clicking buy does not automatically have you buy it or put it in your cart, it just links you to the chart):
1) Fladiux – The Desert Walk Continues – Dream Crusher Media : Fladiux is a 16 – that’s right – a 16 year old producer from Norway creating top notch Dubstep and Midtempo, Midtempo being Dubstep’s new faster cousin. Alberta, Canada producer Crazyx88 helps the world see this great new talent on his Dream Crusher Media label. Coming from a D&B background he’s now killing it on the Dubstep scene. All these guys are on the down low for now, but they are going to blow up.
2) Justin Prime – Revolt – Musical Madness : Justin Prime will set off the club with this huge Progressive ElectroHouse stormer! He’s only been releasing records in 2012 and the result is amazing. Musical Madness label has been consistently releasing top quality Electro House & Progressive house tracks for 2 years – and that’s no accident as it’s run by one of the pillars of the Dutch EDM scene, Marcel Woods. Marcel Woods has recorded mixes for some of Europe’s top festivals and has created top selling EDM anthems featured by everyone from Tiesto to Pete Tong to Mauro Picotto.
3) Colombian Jungle – Explain – Shabang Records : Columbian Jungle is a brand new Moombaton/Midtempo/Dubstep act from where else… Australia of course! Banging rhythms and incredible remixes grace this 6 tracker (click on the buy button to hear the rest). Spenda C, also an Aussi, kicks in with a thumping remix here. Shabang Reecords was launched in 2011 and has already signed tracks and worked with Slop Rock, Kraymer, ABC Sound, Rossco, Marc Ballum, Slice n Dice, Bass Kicka, Defunct!, Bombs Away, Knocked up Noise, Stupid Fresh, Seek N Destroy, Aztek, Soulskid, Nino Live & many more. Definitely some of the leading Bassmusic peeps to watch!
4) Wallem Brothers – Ohh Yeah – Big Fish Recordings : Wallem Brothers are a break out ElectroHouse duo from Marbella, Spain. With releases starting in 2010, they are killing it on their new one with this scorching bass bin burner! Big Fish Records, the label founded by acclaimed producers Lazy Rich & Hirshee out of Vancouver, brings you this great 2 tracker. Big Fish is releasing killer Progressive House and Electro House Anthems that every EDM fan should hear – including tracks from Porter Robinson, Revolvr and more!
5) Savant – Overworld – SectionZ Records : Overworld is the 17 track album of Bassmusic from Savant ranging from Dubstep to Progressive House to Electro House on Section Z Records. Savant is the Dubstep/Complextro alias of the Norwegian artist Aleksander Vinter. His first album “Outbreak” came out in 2009 under the electronica alias Vinter in Hollywood and was nominated for a Norwegian Grammy award. Aleksander Vinter is a prodigious savant with aspergers syndrome and a fracture of ADD. He thinks out songs in seconds and produce them within few hours. Click “buy” to hear the whole album by expanding the track on the chart.
6) Haywyre – Stone Shower – Caliber Music : Haywyre is Martin Vogt who has been studying piano since the age of six. His interest in the production of hip-hop, Dubstep, Jazz and Electronica began to grow while he lived in Austria. Shortly after moving back to the United States in 2008, Haywyre was created. This EP is an incredible example of his mission to bring his listeners variety while producing tremendously produced Bass Music. On this 6 tracker you can hear banging Midtempo and Dubstep, or more smooth grooves that break into jazz influenced solos. He’s definitely one of a kind! Caliber Music stays on the razors edge of Bass Music, such as Glitch-Hop, Dubstep, Drum & Bass, and pioneering the new subgenre of Neurohop, and has done an incredible job finding artists that reflect their mission.
7) AL3XTAYLOR – Riot – Heavy Artillery Recordings : Al3x Taylor is a 20 year old producers from the Ukraine specializing in ill, crunchy beats spanning from Dubstep, Moombah, ElectroHouse, D&B and more. This heavy metal ragga Dubstep release is his first release on Heavy Artillery in his young career and it’s nasty! Faust and Shorty’s acclaimed Heavy Artillery Label week after week release top notch bass music from the biggest artists to people who you’ve never heard of before.
Invader – OMG – Royal One Records : Bassmusic label from Biloxi Missippi Royal One Records is at it again with another banging release. This time they bring us Invader! aka Alejo Gonzales a 22 year old producer based out of South Florida. Who says bassmusic doesn’t come from down south!! These guys definitely prove it does! Like everything on this hot picks chart – another producer to watch!
9) HULK – Sho Nuff – Demon Dub Records : Hulk is the impulsive, bone-breaking alter-ego of audio-scientists Claw and Richie August. They combined their creative powers for the common good after meeting at the 2009 Winter Music Conference in Miami, exchanging research and data in the fields of Dubstep, Hip Hop and Drum & Bass. But after an experimental dubstep drop exposed them to gamma radiation, their talents fused into the raging, supreme beast that is Hulk. Here they appear on Schroff’s Demon Dub label with a smashing double-header ‘Sho Nuff’ and ‘Truth’ – two tracks that are sure to cause as much damage in the dance as their Marvel Comics namesake would be expected to. Just whatever you do, don’t make them angry…
10) Sweet Cheat Feat Ei8Ht – Electro Sexual – Sick Slaughterhouse : Sick Slaughterhouse is a label from Leszno, Poland, set up by two guys addicted to Bass Music – Big Room Electro, Modern Dutch, Complextro, Fidget, Trash, Jacking, Drum & Bass, Drumstep & Dubstep music – Sweet Cheat & MikeWave. It’s released an incredible library of tracks from the likes of Calvertron, Digital Freq, DJ Exodus, Donald Glaude, Electric Soulside, Electrixx, Fast Foot, Figure, Filthy Rehab, Hatiras, Hirshee, JELO, Lazy Rich, Lee Mortimer, Revolvr, Roy RosenfelD, Santiago & Bushido, Torqux, Vandal, Will Bailey and many others. Label founder Sweet Cheet weighs in here with a growling ElectroHouse rocker.
Written by: Scott Richmond