Satellite Hot Picks: Week of June 25th
Each week, Satellite Records download store will be presenting the most cutting edge EDM so that Elektro readers can find out about the latest up and coming producers in Bass Music and EDM – Dubstep, Electrohouse, Future Garage and more! Satellite will provide quick write-ups of each track so you can find out more about the artists and labels. Click play on the player and listen to samples of all 10 tracks right here:
1) At Dawn We Rage – Over It – Simplify Recordings : Straddling the world between Dubstep and Electro House, Midtempo is a fast growing genre with incredible music. At Dawn We Rage combines driving basslines, break-y beats, and smooth melodic lines. Stay tuned for more greatness from these guys!
2) Will Bailey – Eat My Lazer – Jack Knife Records : With releases on Mad Decent, Southern Fried, Dim Mak and more, Will Bailey is killing it with brilliant Dubstep & Bass Music. This track is insane!
3) Tigran Oganezov – Meteor – TDM Records : Tigran Oganezov weighs in with this huge progressive electro house bomb. Breakbeat on the breakdown give this track unique and incredible energy. Tigran has been featured by top sites and publications around the world as the man to watch from the Ukraine scene.
4) Nerd Rage – Dork Fit – Rottun Recordings : Rottun Records out of Canada relentlessly releases & discovers quality bassmusic – this time, some killer Dubstep. Nerd Rage, their latest discovery only started out a couple years ago and his music has been played by top DJs such Evol Intent, Pendulum, Excision, Funtcase, Datsik, Downlink, SKisM, Bare, and Dieselboy.
5) Master Mood – Los Angeles 515 – Net’S Work Digital Records : Italian production duo Vandrassi & Messia aka Master Mood create a huge Electro House stormer w/big prog house elements. Having just launched under this project name, both have been Djing and producing for almost 10 years. Net’s Work is one of Italy’s top underground labels.
6) Mista Men – Forget U – Unknown to the Unknown : Strictly Bassline Garage banger from Mista Men on London’s mighty UTTU label. The Doncaster, UK duo follow up drops for Greenmoney and Hervé’s Cheap Thrills with three cuts poised on the cusp of classic Garage swing & Future Garage’s cutting edge
7) Wafa – Abandon Me (Crookers mix) – Atlantic Jaxx Recordings : Atlantic Jaxx, Basement Jaxx’s label brings you a twisted Bass Music stormer remixed by Crookers! London based Wafa started as a session drummer for Basement Jaxx and others & his breakthrough was in 2010 with “Ewid Disco.”
8 ) Djuna Feat Gemmy – English Tea & Sour – Brap Dem! Recordings : Joseph S. Hanks Jr. aka DJUNYA is no stranger to the Worldwide Dubstep/Bass music scene. With releases as far back as 2007, DJUNYA has always created music that transcends dance floors. He has been called one of the North American Dubstep Pioneers. This EP showcases deeper Dubstep vibes that are often overlooked but cannot be ignored and are prime examples of real sound-system based dance music.
9) MileZ – Perfectly Still – L2S Recordings : Brilliant and smooth Future Garage. L2S Recordings founded by acclaimed UK Garage producer Whistla is a label to watch. MileZ is a 26 year hailing from Utrecht, NL with an endless love for UK-garage and 2-step and is creating fantastic releases to put Holland on the international UK Garage map.
10) Zimo – Street Fighter – Chapati Express : Could be Electro House, could be Techno – definitely off the wall! Zimo crosses all the barriers with this 4 tracker of rave sound influenced bangers. The Chapati Express record label is born out of the fledgling Philippines dance scene.
Written By: Scott Richmond